CDRM&DS signed MoU with Gravitazz Institute for Disaster Reduction and Emergency Management, Johannesburg. Gravitazz is an international organization based in Johannesburg (South Africa) which aims, through its various activities, to support DRR, Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) and emergency management strategies while strengthening humanitarian response in the African continent.
- The main objectives of this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) are to provide a general framework for promoting collaboration between the two parties in Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Risk Management-programs.
- The collaboration will, in particular, have the following objectives:
- To promote new joint initiatives, through the identification of guiding principles, effective practices and institutional frameworks to help private entities and governments in developing appropriate laws, policies, initiatives and programmes to address environmental hazards and human-induced disasters.
- To jointly organizing scientific-technical conferences on risk reduction, disaster management and climate change adaptation on a regular basis in African and Training workshops to build capacity in DRR and DRM.
- To jointly carry out research activities.
- To support with expert knowledge/teaching capacity in curricula of masters studies on risk reduction, disaster management and climate change adaptation.
The MoU was signed on behalf of the Centre by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor M.A Akanji.
POSTGRADUATE THESIS OUTLINE
The Postgraduate Students of the Centre who are currently writing their thesis are to obtain and adhere strictly to the approved thesis outline by the Postgraduate School from the coordinator.